Thursday, December 16, 2010

Knew My Mistakes

Nett Loss : -233 ticks



It's amazing how I loss my monthly target in just one day. All came from 8.30-22.00 EST. I thought unemployment claim would gave a move. I was wrong. So I just chicken pick and overtrade :( Market might chop longer than I suspect. End of days, expensive lessons.

If I just took my modified setup, the result might 3 stopped out and 1 winner. Overall it might result breakeven at worst. In the mean time, I found the fib retracement also worked good. I had no bias at all today. And worse, I was overtrade 2.5 times. Of Course, the market moved at the exact time after I stopped trading.

It went back to basic again. 1 single contract, slow trade, etc. Sigh..
Please someone cheer me up. Down $760 this week

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for today.
    Today I had similar experience and gave all my one month profits. Profits which were made within the rules, consistent and with planned trading (losses controled). Fibs woked beautiful today,everything worked beautiful, but personal psychology shit happens when you least expect it. I don't know what to do. It is so frustrating. How do you handle this kind of errors? Just back to basics? Agree,.... but errors are waiting. I don't know....

    Keep doing with great trading.(like you did days,weeks before)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, sorry for today too.
    The urge to win every day made us to lose control. Sometimes we had to bail out and stopped early. Have a bias and overtrade, two dangerous trap. If I was down too deep, I tend to overtrade to recover my losses.

    I also had this error. The way I handle it, trade small and maybe profit taking quite early.

    ReplyDelete